Brilliant ideas will only get your business so far if no one has heard of you. Whether you are launching a new company or growing a mature business, promoting your business effectively and lawfully is critical to your strategy.
Whether your ad campaign encompasses social media, sweepstakes, contests, telemarketing, print, television, video, faxing, email, text messages or other formats or technology—we can provide pragmatic guidance and help you strengthen and protect your brands:
For example, we can help ensure that:
- Your promotions are not unfair, misleading or deceptive;
- Your ad claims are adequately substantiated;
- Your campaign complies with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Act;
- Your email blast complies with the CAN-SPAM Act, privacy requirements, and related laws and regulations;
- Your telemarketing efforts satisfy the Telephone Consumer Protection Act and Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations;
- Your faxed promotions comply with the Junk Fax Protection Act;
- Your sweepstakes or contests comply with a multitude of U.S. and state statutes and regulations;
- Your ads safeguard your own intellectual property rights and do not infringe on the rights of others;
- You have obtained all necessary clearances or releases;
- Your ad doesn’t violate rights of privacy or publicity;
- An insertion order protects your legal interests.
Whatever medium you use to promote your message—electronic or print—our lawyers can help you navigate the regulatory shoals and minimize your legal exposure.