Cutting-edge clients demand cutting-edge legal counsel. At Pomeroy & Prieur, we pride ourselves on keeping up.
We have been practicing Internet law since before it was widely recognized as a practice area. For well over a decade, we have counseled, lectured and written about a wide range of legal matters in the information technology, media and e-Commerce space, including:
- Social Media
- Wireless and Mobile
- User-Generated Content
- Digital Media
- Flash Cookies (Local Shared Objects or LSOs)
- Website hosting and development agreements
- Software as a Service (SaaS) and Application Service Provider (ASP) transactions
- Texting (SMS)
- Click-wrap and Browse-wrap agreements
- Data Security
- Online publishing
- Digital Rights Management (DRM)
- The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
- The Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA)
- End-User License Agreements (EULAs)
- Distribution Agreements
- Uniform Domain Name Resolution Procedures (UDRP)
- Open Source Software
- Cloud Computing
Does your website comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)? Can you certify your website under the EU-U.S. safe harbor? Does your website protect your copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property? Does it infringe on anyone else’s intellectual property? Are you taking advantage of the “safe harbor” for user-generated content under the DMCA? Are your website terms and conditions enforceable? Is your website due for a legal checkup?
With extensive experience with startups, technology investments, intellectual property transfers and venture capital and public and private fundraising, we can advise on corporate setup, human resources and intellectual property strategies to prepare for venture capital investment, strategic investment or a company sale. Please see the Deal List for a sense of the experience we can bring to bear.